The appointments elevate Emirati talent into key leadership positions. This has been achieved through promotions from within the organization, or through portfolio rotations, underpinning the airline’s commitment to career development and progression of its UAE Nationals.
Thierry Antinori, Emirates’ executive vice president and chief commercial officer, believes that the unique backgrounds, experience and skills of each appointed member of their commercial team will further strengthen their commercial and business operations and drive strategic initiatives in a new year of growth. Their experience will also be instrumental in focussing on executing many of our commercial initiatives to pursue revenue opportunities, improve margin performance, as well as capture new consumer segments as they continue to develop their operations in the Middle East, GCC and Africa,.”
The new appointments include:
• Mohammad Lootah: Jordan Manager. Joined Emirates in 2016.
• Tariq Al-Mutawa: Kuwait Manager. Eight years service.
• Hamad Al-Ali: Commercial Activities Manager, Bahrain. Joined Emirates in 2013.
• Omar Al-Bushlaibi: Manager, Oman. Joined Emirates in 2014( UAE National Commercial Management Programme)
• Nasser Bahlooq: Manager, Zimbabwe. He joined In 2015. (UAE National Commercial Management Programme).
• Khalfan Al-Salami: Manager Sudan. Khalfan joined Emirates 2015, (UAE National Commercial Management Programme).
• Marwan Al-Marri: Manager Riyadh. Previously commercial support manager, Madinah.
• Fahad Bastaki: Manager Dammam. Joined Emirates in 2015.
• Saeed Khalifa bin Sulaiman: Senior Manager Abu Dhabi and Al-Ain.
• Omar Al-Banna: Manager Sharjah and Northern Emirates. Joined Emirates in 2006.